T O P
- 1981 - First "Filipino-made" control system
Conversion of two 138-kilovolt transmission and substation systems, about 40 kilometers apart, into unmanned installations to be operated from another substation about 50 kilometers from the closer substation.
- 1979 - Design of Thyristor-based Charger for Renault Electric Automobile
Design and construction of a whole new fully automated thyristor-based battery charger system for the "Renault Electric Automobile" of the late Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos.
- 1977 - 3-kilowatt crystal-contolled UPS
- 1976 - Redesign of circuits of "micro-meteorological monitoring system"
Lightning strike damaged and crippled the micro-meteorological system that gathered data for the PSAR (Preliminary Safety Analysis Report) of the Philippines' 620-mw nuclear power plant. It burned most of the amplification functions. This serious data-gathering function is allowed maximum data loss of 10% in one year.
- 1976 - Automated telephone dialer
This sysem used about 550 pieces of Integrated Circuits (TTLs, CMOS, and Analogs). This was before microprocessors became readily available in the Philippines.
- 1976 - Traffic lights system with ambulance and firetruck sensors
- 1973 - Pendulum-based earthquake accelerometer
Computers : InformationSystems / Hardware / Software / Interfacing (Design and Implementation)
T O P
- 1993 "Executive/Manufacturing/R&D Information and Planning Systems"
This consisted of 5 networked local PCs and 3 remote PCs which were hooked up via modem/COM1/COM2. Programming languages used were "Turbo C", "Foxpro", and "Turbo Assembler". Proprietary TSRs ("terminate and stay resident" programs) were activated by signals that came to the serial ports.
- 1993 PC interface with Yokogawa Digital Multimeter
- 1993 PC interface with CNC (XYZ + ON/OFF)
It read AutoCAD "dxf" files, and automatically implemented the process from there.
- 1992 PC interface with Red Lion Digital Temperature Monitor and other models
- 1988 to 1994 "Hands-on" workshops for two-way hardware communication
This course was designed to introduce participants to direct data communication between one computer and another and between one computer and process control devices of a manufacturing concern. Instrumentation and automation engineers of the manufacturing sector were the target audience.
- 1988 to 1992 SCADA system using a Personal Computer
The system automatically informs specific officials of excursions in BUSINESS and/or TECHNICAL parameters outside a predetermined range. This is done without human intervention.
- 1989 Stand-alone Zilog80-based PABX
Human Resource and Organizational Development
T O P
- 1980 Culture-Based Strategy for Change and Development
This paper was presented by the author in the Conference on Electric Power Supply Industry held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 1-5, 1980, and revised for the May 1982 Conference of the Philippine Society for Training and Development.
- 1980 Internal Communication Policy
Internal Communication is the process of achieving mutual understanding among all members of our organization by the timely sharing of facts, ideas, feelings and reactions.
- 1980 Corporate Commitment to Values Related to the Management and the Development of the Human Resource
- create an atmosphere that is conducive to the enhancement of individual integrity and maintenance of self-respect
- encourage all individuals to initiate their own self-development, growth and fulfillment
- encourage everyone to build and maintain a climate of open communication where there is free exchange of ideas and active participation in decision-making
- encourage innovation and provide opportunities to everyone to plan and organize their work and accept their share of responsibility
- 1977 Design and implementation of Development and Training Program for the Operating Personnel, as well as, the Headquarters Support Group of the Philippines' 620-mw nuclear power plant.
This program was adopted by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in 1977 as a model for countries developing competence in the nuclear power industry.
Power Utility Operations
T O P
- 1981 Emergency Systems
A manual for the operating staff of all types of power plants, transmission lines and substations, that shows detailed MAINTENANCE activities to assure that the LAST LINES OF DEFENSE of these operating assets may always be relied during the occurrence of harmful "transients"
- 1982 Operating Systems
A manual for the operating staff of all types of power plants, transmission lines and substations, that shows detailed OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES to assure that safe operating parameters are never exceeded during the START-UP or SHUT-DOWN of these operating assets, incidents considered to be present harmful operating "transients"
- 1982 Shift Turnover System
A system for assuring that all critical technical plant parameters are reviewed jointly by the "outgoing" Shift Superintendent and the "incoming" Shift Superintendent
Co-generation Facility (1999) : An "energy estate" that supplies electricity, heat in the form of steam and/or hot water, and chilled water to industrial plants located around it
T O P
- Overall Thermal Efficiency
Overall thermal efficiencies in excess of 60% are achievable. The most efficient thermal power plant in the Philippines operates with less than 35% overall thermal efficiency in January 2000.
- Block Diagram : High-Efficiency Co-generation Facility
- Absorption Chiller : Generating 5-Degree C Water from 10-Barg Steam